The royals acknowledged the court’s decision today with a simple statement.
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge welcome the judge’s ruling,” “The incident is reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales, and all the more upsetting to The Duke and Duchess for being so," the palace said a representative for St. James’s Palace said.
So far three publications in three different countries have published the photos of Middleton, 30, but today's ruling affects only CLOSER.
The topless photos also ran in the Irish Daily Star and, on Monday, the Italian magazine CHI published a 26-page photo spread of the same topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge. Under the headline, "Court Scandal: The Queen is Nude," the photos in CHI include at least one shot of the duchess applying sunscreen to herself that did not appear in previous publications.
CHI, like CLOSER, is published under the Mondadori publishing house owned by former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. CHI is also the same magazine that, in 1997, published photos of Princess Diana's dying in a tunnel in Paris after a high-speed car chase with paparazzi that ended in her death at age 36.
Every individual is entitled to his her own privacy and Kate and William equally deserve theirs. With this ruling, we believe the paparazzi will be called to order and carry out their duty with a high degree of decency.